The Dordogne, the ideal terrain for the practice of Trail.
Along with road cycling, mountain biking and rugby, trail running is a major sport in the Dordogne. It must be said that the terrain lends itself particularly well. Forests as far as the eye can see, hundreds of kilometers of paths and of course a lot of elevation make the Périgord Noir the perfect playground.
Do you simply want to make the most of your holidays and practice a little running or stay at the campsite to take part in one of the many trails organized in the Dordogne? Le Douzou is a campsite in Périgord Noir for sports lovers.
A Trail in the Dordogne? Spoiled for choice.
Throughout the year you can register for one of the many trails organized in the Dordogne. Short, medium to long distance, you will have the opportunity to discover Périgord through its historical riches and its magnificent landscapes.
– The aïga trail in January will allow you to discover the Auvézère valley. You will have the choice of running solo over a distance of 64 km with 1600 meters of elevation gain or in a team of 3 spread over 10, 30 and 24 km. The start is given in the town of Cubjac with an arrival in St Mesmin. Part of the race takes place at night.
– The Marathon des forts takes place in March. Departing from Les Eyzies de Tayac, considered the cradle of prehistory, a program combining the banks of the river (the Vézère), typical villages, cliffs and forests awaits you. 42 km in the heart of one of the most beautiful panoramas of the Périgord Noir.
– The Périgord Grand Trail in May will give you the choice between 3 races. “The legend” 15 km and 350 meters of elevation gain, “the great bastide” 45 km and 1200D+ and “the ultra of Périgord” 85 km 2800D+ are on the menu. Departing from and arriving at Lalinde, it’s a race in the heart of Périgord that will take you to the Château de Lanquais and the Mauzac theater in particular.
– The X trail Corrèze Dordogne takes place in September. Straddling the departments of Corrèze and Dordogne, you will have the choice among 5 courses of 8, 14, 26 and 48 km. The queen of races being of course the ultra X-trail over a distance of 103 km with more than 4000 meters of elevation gain. It is possible to run solo or in teams of 2 or 3.
– The 100 km of Belves takes place in April. You will cross the Périgord Noir from west to east to Sarlat for a return to Belves. You will have the choice between the 50 km and 100 km 883D+ race.
Of course, many other trails are organized throughout the year in the Dordogne. Find them in the program.
A campsite in Périgord ideal for the practice of Trail.
Many routes have been marked and mapped. Maps, in paper and digital form, are available at the campsite reception.
Are you looking for a campsite to practice trail running with friends, colleagues, club? We can offer you tailor-made group offers. Accommodation only, half board or full board? you choose.
As you will have understood, your well-being and your comfort are our priorities. You will have the choice of staying in recent 2 or 3 bedroom mobile homes with television and covered terrace on large pitches.
For your relaxation, you can enjoy our two heated swimming pools located by the river or cool off and have a bite to eat at our snack bar.
A canoe trip, a game of table football or billiards, wifi access… Many free services are available to you. We guarantee you the best value for money campsites in the Dordogne.
Ideally located, the Douzou is close to all the tourist wonders of the Périgord Noir. Castles, typical villages, Sarlat, caves and chasms, … an impressive choice of visits awaits you.